Wow, it’s been three weeks since I’ve updated my blog! Where has the time gone?? I have been so busy listening to music, practicing choreography, updating our YouTube page, and chatting away on Facebook that our poor website has been neglected. Well, I’m happy to say that it has now been updated with all of my latest Zumba class information and upcoming events!
1. The school supply drive was a HUGE success! A BIG THANK YOU to all of you who donated supplies to the children of Elmore County! Even if you were unable to donate, the children, teachers, and public school system in general still desperately need our prayers! Our mission continues!!!
2. I have added a page for testimonials! I have been hearing such wonderful things from my Zumba class participants, and I’d love to share your comments and feedback with others! From weight loss & health improvements, to improved moods & energy levels, the feedback from our Zumba class has been AMAZING!!! If you have a testimonial that you would like to share, please click on the “Testimonials” tab (above) and share some Zumba Love!!
3. A NEW CLASS has started at First Baptist Church in Wetumpka! (See “Class Schedule” for details.) There were 33 participants in our debut class on Monday, August 15th! Yippee! Thanks again to my friends from Santuck who came over to FBC to party with us! As always, it was a blast!! I have a feeling that I will be adding more classes SOON!!
4. RUMOR PATROL: Allow me to set the record straight: We are still having Zumba at Santuck, two nights per week for the forseeable future! (Except on 8/25… see below. LOL) We were originally supposed to switch to one night a week, but I don’t know if/when that will happen. I am still unsure if the Fit 4 Christ class will start back up or not. (The Santuck Health & Wellness Ministry was kind enough to allow me to borrow the F4C time slot for the summer, while F4C took a break.) But no matter what, I am fully committed to continuing this Zumba ministry for my community and church family by hosting a FREE class, at least once a week! ZUMBAAA!!!!
5. UPCOMING EVENTS: I will be participating in two local Zumba events next week! The first is my ZUMBA FIESTA at Skate Zone 2000! (See “Events” for details.) This ONE-TIME class is designed to introduce newbies to the fun (and hilarity) of a Zumba class with Anne-Marie! The cost is $5.00 per person and the proceeds will help support the other free/reduced fee Zumba classes that I teach on a regular basis. So those of you who have asked to donate to the class… NOW’S YOUR CHANCE! 🙂 Donations will be happily (and gratefully) accepted, but more than anything, I want to have a fun and exciting night of nonstop Zumba fun!! There will be new songs as well as many of your class favorites! So bring your friends and family and let’s show them what Zumba is all about!!! (The Santuck Zumba class will not meet on the Thursday of the Fiesta, 8/25. Please join us at Skate Zone! Only $5.00!!)
The second event I will be helping with is the “LET’S MOVE THE RIVER REGION” event being held in gyms and YMCAs across the tri-county area on Saturday, 8/27! This free Zumba class will be hosted at the Wetumpka Y, at 8:00am. AND it’s open to the public, not just YMCA members!!! I will be assisting the fabulous Christy Legleiter of YMCA Zumba fame by co-leading and teaching several songs! As with the Zumba Fiesta… BRING THE WHOLE FAMILY! Woohoo!!!
I think that’s it for now! Join me on Facebook and check out Zumba Wetumpka on YouTube to listen to our class playlist and to preview upcoming songs! There’s a link under the “Media” tab (above).
Until our next class…. ZUMBA LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!!